The Hirsch Foundation is governed by the board of directors and the scientific advisory board.
The board of directors is responsible for running the foundation and managing the funds. The scientific advisory board gives counsel to the board of directors on matters of science, ethics, strategy and law. In particular, the advisory board evaluates applications for funding and reviews the results of projects funded by the foundation.
Board of directors
- Mathias Hirsch (chairman and founder)
- Torsten Nahm
Scientific advisory board
- Prof. Ramon Risco (University of Seville, Spain)
- Prof. Adam Higgins (Oregon State University, USA)
- Rodolfo Goya, Ph.D. (National University of La Plata, La Plata City, Argentina)
- João Pedro de Magalhães, Ph.D. (University of Liverpool, UK)
- Christian Klaes, Ph.D. (Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany)
- Dr.-Ing. Ralf Spindler (accredited as Ph.D. by Foreign Credential Evaluations, www.ece.org)